Saturday 7 June 2008

Tagged!

I have been tagged by the lovely driftwood so here goes:

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was working as HR manager for a Christian charity in London and had the opportunity to visit Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia for a special conference. This was such a privilege and gave me the opportunity to meet up with my three cousins there, two of whom live in KL and one who lives in Singapore. I had only met two of them once before so it was great to meet the third and to spend a little time with them all. I was there 10 days in all and it was a wonderful experience.
Otherwise 10 years ago we were living where we are today and the girls were 17, 17, 15, and 10 so it was heavy teenage time.

5 things on my to do list today are:

1. Laundry including bedlinen
2. Mow the lawn and weed the patio
3. Make a cake or two
4. Post a parcel to my friend in Canada
5. Ironing!!!
And the rest
6. Something creative for a special anniversary coming up this week (more about that in another post!)
7. Hoover all the stairs and downstairs rooms after the decorator's mess. We had the hall and landings painted over the last week and well, there is a quite a mess shall we say despite the plea from me to have the floors covered with sheets etc.

Snacks I enjoy

peanuts, pom bear crisps (love them!), cadbury's chocolate of any sort really, popcorn, cheese and crackers, toast and butter (of course)

Places I have lived

I was born and brought up in Hertfordshire, went to college in Bedfordshire and left there to start out in the world of work and lived in south-east London and just into Kent where I met my hubby and have lived to date. I would have loved to live abroad for a while but it just hasn't happened and we have been very happy where we are.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire

Buy my each of my daughters a house ( so they can stop renting and paying huge amounts in London) and a car. Take a trip to New Zealand, Alaska and China and give lots away to my favourite charities.

People I would like to know more about...

Simone
The Hobbit
Kristin
Katie
feel free to play along if you would like to but don't worry if not.

2 comments:

driftwood said...

thanks for playing along Sheila, it's been lovely to learn more about you, I hope you managed to get all the things on your list done!

The Hobbit said...

hi Sheila.......Hobbit here Not quite sure how to play. Give me a heads-up won't you?

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...