Sunday 1 June 2008

Come to Colombia Road

Come with me to Colombia Road Flower Market this Sunday morning early. It's a bit cloudy and as we make our way along from Liverpool Street Station we see these interesting buildings

Just a bit further now, looks like a lot of people have the same idea as us..... but here we g0

aren't they lovely? What about these?
and these Nemesis?
and I love this Bottlebrush don't you?
So many beautiful flowers and some quite unusual ones too

It's a great touch of British market culture too but it's getting a bit packed shall we pop in here?

and here too?


Well, after all this browsing I think it is time for lunch so let's walk to Spitafield's market and visit the wonderful Rainforest stall for a rainforest box lunch.


Check out those bowls of salad and so much colour!
I hope your enjoyed our time in this hectic and colourful part of London.
Daughter no. 2 and I did this route this morning and it was delightful. I have to say that going into London at the weekend is not something I relish and usually I am busy doing other things like going to church on a Sunday. But it is very good to get out of the familiar routine once in a while and do something completely different and of course seeing a lovely daughter makes it all worthwhile. She is a speech and language therapist and is considering doing VSO in Africa or Asia sometime soon so we need to have lots more of these get togethers before she goes. I have been to Spitafields before but not to Colombia Road Flower Market. It was a real experience and the flowers and plants were very healthly looking and inexpensively priced compared to most garden centres. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area but it is only around on a Sunday.
I hope you have had a great Sunday.







2 comments:

driftwood said...

oh I went there with my sister once, it was lovely, and we'd bought everything we needed for her new flower beds by 8.30am!

Simone said...

I have never been to Colombia Road Flower Market but think it looks well worth a visit. I love the look of the food on the Rainforest stall at Spitalfields!

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...