Sunday 27 April 2008

It's been a while.....

It has certainly been a while since I last posted. Now what have I been up to? Well a variety of things actually, some work (day job) related like pitching for some freelance stuff which I believe I now have for over the next 4 months or so and focussing on daughter no.4 who had a very important interview last week for her fashion design course. Interview practice, looking at pieces of work and commenting, making healthy and nutritious meals and generally being available whenever needed! We won't know the result for another two weeks.
As a special surprise for her when she returned I made my first altered book which I was quite pleased with. Unfortunately I ran out of time and wasn't able to photograph it and she still has it wrapped up!!! Apparently she wants to open it when she finds out the result of the interview!!! Now there is some delayed gratification for you! So I'll have to wait until then to post a picture.
Now what about this giveaway!! I am really sorry I haven't got my act together before now but here is what it is: some batik material which was sent to me by my cousins in Kuala Lumpur. It is 45 inches by 45 inches (114.3 cm x 114.3cm)and I have two pieces (different colours) to give away so please leave me a comment telling me what is your favourite craft book and why. I will draw two winners at the end of this week so be sure to leave a comment by midnight on Friday 2nd May. Here is what you could win:



I look forward to hearing from you. Meanwhile I will be back very shortly with another post about the weekend.



1 comment:

tess said...

hope your daughter gets good news from the interview!
I really like 2 books by Sandra Meech - creative quilts, and contempary quilts, they are just lovely to look at. Rather like that orange batik!

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...