Monday 8 February 2010

Swapsies



I've joined a couple of swaps this month.  I used to love swaps at school as a girl and remember vividly the days I would take my 'treasures' (usually marbles, gemstones and other tiny trinkets) in and with a few friends together we would swap from our collections.  Well, these swaps are slightly different but with a general theme of sharing love and creativity - both dear to my heart.   The first is called 'Gift of Jewels' which is an idea to spread love around the world one card at a time.  I first saw this on Tracy's blog and liked the look of it so decided to join in.  Above you will see the card I am sending to someone who doesn't know me, or know it will be coming from me.  There were no rules, except to feel free to make a card as creatively as you might wish.
The second is a postcard swap from Create and Live Happy which has required making 10 postcards which will be sent all over the world.  I've had a lot of fun with this and below you can see some of my creations - all different in some way or other and today or tomorrow will be off in the post.






and for some there are little pockets of inspiration on the back...



and of course this does mean that I shall be receiving 10 creative postcards too!!  Thank you Selah and Hanna for organising these fun swaps.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

So delighted to see you took part in the *Gift of Jewels* too! What lovely cards... It's this a fun event?! I've participated a couple times now and just love it. I'm still waiting eagerly to receive my card from someone... :o) Happy Week, Sheila ((HUGS))

Peace Thyme said...

Lovely, lovely cards. I wish I had your creativity. And/or inspiration.

Kitty said...

Hello Sheila thank you for your lovely postcard that you sent me. I received it last week and it couldn't have come at a better time. Thanks.

Carlin said...

Your postcards are absolutely gorgeous. All of the recipients must be thrilled!

Tracey FK said...

Those cards are lovely and nice to visit you through CED... I look forward to following your progress through the year...xx

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...