Saturday 27 February 2010

GPP Street Team - creative challenge - Love Letters


Another challenge to get the creative juices flowing! I had real fun and 'flow' doing this two page spread in my journal.



First of all I tore a couple of pages from an old book and pasted them on (top right and bottom left), then I stuck some of my very favourite printed masking tape down the long edges.  Then I used some sticky X's and O'x on both pages and painted over them firstly in red, then white and then some burnt umber (acrylic paints).  I stamped some hearts in back ink and some flourishes too and then stuck some of my other favourite script tape to the top and bottom of the right hand page.  I also stamped some script in black over the pages and finally added a little tag to the page (painted and stamped) with a heart shaped brad. Then I used some gold Glimmer Mist over the whole two pages.   I think I rather like the finished result!  Thanks again Michelle for organising this.  Here is a closer look at the pages:














9 comments:

michelle ward said...

Sheila - love the colors, and all the messy layers. Happy to hear you had fun with it, looks like it! Thanks for sharing your Love Letters with the team!

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of script tape, love the results. The colours are so lush.

jgr said...

Hi Sheila,
Your pages are wonderful! I especially like the subtle text peaking out behind the hearts.

goudenregen said...

I had a close look at your pages and I love them, all the layers and the text of the bookpages underneath.

reagan said...

Very nice, it's lovely with just a little edginess to it. I miss doing this challenge, when life slows down a bit I need to pick it up again!

Tracy said...

VERY lovely, Sheila--love the decoupage effect! The script/text tape is wonderful. Love all the paper passion here of late! Wishing you a great, creative new week, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

Susan Sager Brown said...

I like the romantic feel to your pages ! Love those speckly hearts! The tape is very cool! Care to share your source? xoSusan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the close-ups, they really show off the cool stuff on your pages. I'm with you; I like the result :-)

Marilyn said...

Just my kind of art - layers, layers and layers, old book pages, alphabet and wonderful colors.

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...