When I first popped in to Michelle's to see what this month's challenge was, I was really excited by this grid idea. My immediate thought was to use small tags in some way (I love tags) but how could I push my own boundaries a little and do something different which I haven't done before? I decided to dye the tags using herbal/fruit teas.
I had green tea, blackcurrent and raspberry and elderflower in the cupboard and let the tags soak overnight then dry on a tray. The colours were muted and there wasn't a great difference between the blackcurrent and the raspberry but it was fun to see what would happen.
I then drew my grid using some of my favourite tape from pretty tapes and then followed the colourway for the background using my distress ink pads and a blending tool. The tags needed a little something so I got out all my small rubber stamps and did a different stamping design on each one. Quite a fun result which I like a lot.
Time to 'play' has been a bit scarce again this month but I did just want to do another one!!
This time a simple design using some lovely scrapbook papers I had on hand and some of my even more favourite script tape to bring out the grid design.
Thanks again Michelle for organising this. I am really loving these challenges.