Thursday 2 April 2009

Instalment 3 - Maximus and Molly come to stay!!


Not one cat but two!!  It has been a rollercoaster of a ride I have to tell you.  Since our special cat Alfie died two years ago we have said we would have another one at some point and that point seemed to be right about four weeks ago when we started looking at rescue cats locally.  But I had NO idea how emotional this might be.  Do you know what I mean?  It seemed each one I loved had gone before we got to see him.  Then it was a case of 'if you love me you have to love my brother too' and because I hesitated for a day or so, they, too went to someone else.  So daughter no.3 did lots of research and found a rescue centre (on our way to the tea shop on Mother's Day) and we made the decision there and then.  It takes a bit of getting used to again having cats.  They have been in the living room for a week (request by the rescue centre) but are scheduled to have the freedom of the rest of the house on Saturday but they can't go outside for another 6 weeks!!!
Max, below, is the timid one although he much larger than Mollie.  They are brother and sister and supposedly only 18 months.  He is quite a handsome boy already though.




Mollie loves to lie on her back for a tummy rub or dashing around using her paws to 'football dribble' anything she can find that moves!  They love each other a lot and are sitting side by side here with me on the sofa as I type.  I realise that for me having anyone to come and live in the house is quite something and through this process (of having the cats) I am learning quite a lot about myself.  I also realise just how much I loved Alfie for the five years we had him.  He was a very special boy.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi, Sheila! My turn catching up with you now! ;o) Such fun to see all that's been happening. I'd love to go to Lewes one day. And Molly and Maximus (great names) are such sweethearts!! Happy weekend to you all ((HUGS))

driftwood said...

gosh what a busy few weeks, lovely gifts, great outings, and 2 adorable new kitties - that face peeking from the curtains is lovely! hope they bring you much happiness and settle in well - our rescue cats rule our house entirely, but one of them just broke my iron and last week he fell off the roof so I think they left any brains they had at the resuce centre........
tess x

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...