Sunday 18 September 2011

A special swap

A little while ago when I first signed up to the Cloth Paper Scissors UK network of lovely people, I had contact with someone called Frances.  She and I emailed one another several times and she warmly welcomed me as a newbie and I felt I had already made a friend.  CPS UK produce a newsletter every couple of months and I did a little piece siting some things I was happy to swap with someone.  You've guessed it!  I had a Danny Gregory book which was a duplicate in my library of crafts books and Frances was keen to swap it so we did a little exchange.  My little parcel went off with the Danny Gregory book inside and a little junk journal I had made especially for Frances (I didn't take a photo of this one unfortunately.  Then on Friday I had a wonderful surprise because the postman brought these wonderful things:


This book is amazing with so many exciting projects to do with many requiring only household items


A little sample of momigami paper - (kneaded paper using oil)


And a special sample of what Frances loves to create - this lovely pendant has a piece of lavender in it!!


A closer look!



and it was beautifully wrapped and inside this amazing paper bag!!
How lucky am I!!!!  Frances doesn't have a blog (yet!) and I have yet to meet her at one of our CPS UK events but I feel we know one another a little already.  There is something about the hearts of artists and crafters that seems to connect at a deeper level!!  Thank you Frances so much.

No comments:

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...