Tuesday 16 August 2011

Stitched Postcard Swap

Yes, I have been stitching away for this little postcard swap organised by Beth Nicholls at Do What You Love. I had the idea to use some hessian from a garden sack which I bought for a £1 in the £1 shop a while back and to use some quilt wadding and calico as a topping.  I also thought I would like to needle punch a design on there and so we have it: hearts of course, and some needle punching round the edge using the wonderful 'Phantasmagorical' (love that name) wool roving from GillianGladRag plus some stamping and a little pearl, a stitched word (create) and a tiny stitched heart ribbon.


of course it couldn't really go just like that could it?  I had to prepare a little bag to put it in


I love these wax bags and just used a scrap piece of fabric and stitched some paper with script on top and then stuck it on the bag.  It has gone off to my swap partner in the US and I really hope she likes it.
I have received my stitched postcard already and I will show you that tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh, so pretty, Sheila! I love the simplicity and fun of your cloth poastcard. I've been meaning to try my hand at making one of these... forgot about this particular swap/challenge. Must make a note! Your bag is wonderful too--just as wonderful as the card. You're a crafting wonder, my friend :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...