Thursday 2 June 2011

GPP Street Team - creative challenge - home


I have been so busy with work and other things that I have seriously neglected this little blog and seriously missed these challenges!  This was a fun opportunity to document creatively all the places I have lived so here is a glimpse at what I did:


Some gesso prepped pages followed by teal and gold acyrilic paint and some circles printed with an old cotton reel.  Then some spray paint over a stencil or two in a different colour, followed by some tea-dyed tags which not only have the number on the front of each house I've lived in but also a little writing on the back to remember why we moved!!!  They are stuck on with a little orange washi tape from Japan - really love this stuff!



Thanks again, Michelle, for a great challenge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder of the places you've lived. I love the number linking to the address. Very creative idea, beautiful visual expression. Isn't teal and gold a great combination?

jgr said...

I love your post!! Very cool idea to put the address numbers on the front and 'notes' on the back. Also, thank you for your comment today!

Tracy said...

Hi, Sheila! LOVE the gold and teal combo! Must get some washi tapes--I see so many pretty ones at Etsy...very tempting... LOL!
Lovely to be back and catching up with you here after our travels. After two weeks away from my studio, I can't wait to dig into some creativity! I think we'll need the weekend to get over the jet lag and get back on track first. ;o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...