Monday 12 April 2010

Concerned!


I had all sorts of plans to write about a lovely birthday weekend with all the girls (2 weeks ago now!!) and Easter etc etc but my weekend has been consumed with concern for lovely daughter no.2 in Uganda who was admitted to hopsital on Friday night.  She has been very poorly with an infection in her foot which is travelling up her leg.  Hospital care in Uganda is so very different from here and she was already misdiagnosed and given the wrong treatment which has slowed the healing process.  I am grateful that I can at least contact her via skype on her phone although a text very early (5.40am our time) said she was running out of battery and didn't have her charger and felt worse!.  It's hard being so very far away at at time like this and although she is very capable, the mother instinct just wants her back here with the right treatment making a good recovery.  Hubby and I are off to Wales tomorrow for a conference where we are both working on exhibtion stands!  To say that I don't feel like doing this would be an understatement however.....

I hope to be back here soon with good news about happy, creative things, till then.....

2 comments:

driftwood said...

oh Sheila, this must be terrible worry for you. sending you all my love, and thinking of you all xx

Tracy said...

Oh, Sheila... I am so sorry to hear about what's happening with your daughter! I do hope that all will go right yet and she gets the treatment she needs to be well again. You must be out of your mind with worry... I so feel for you. Keep us posted when you can. Sending uplifting thoughts & ((BIG HUGS))...

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...