Tuesday 24 February 2009

Tuesday Treasures

Meet Agatha and Dorothy!  You may have met them before as certainly Agatha has featured here.  They were carefully and lovingly handcrafted by the wonderfully talented Nicky at Vintage Magpie. I love them to bits and as you can see, if you look carefully, they are sitting in front of some very 'worky' books like the 'Seven Habits of Highly Effective People' by Stephen Covey (one of my favourite work books) and 'Principle Centred Leadership', also by Covey to name just two.  So they give a delightfully light-hearted feel to what is otherwise a rather serious place - my work desk - and they help to remind me of the other creative part of me that is often bursting to get out amidst all that important, yet not so fulfilling, business stuff.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

They are sooo cute! It's wonderful to have fun things on one's work table or desk...it lightens the mood a lot while working. :o) Happy Day, Sheila ((HUGS))

frayed at the edge said...

Hi Sheila, I popped over to your blog this morning from the Vintage Magpie and was going to leave a comment then, but I couldn't remember my Google password! I've only had time for a quick browse but I will be back. Perhaps you might like to visit my (fairly new) blog frayedattheedge.typepad.co.uk.
Regards Anne

driftwood said...

quite the most cute bookends ever seen, just the thing to lighten the work load xx

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...