Tuesday 31 January 2012

GPP Street Team Challenge 59

Oh how I love Michelle Ward's challenges!  I haven't been able to do the last couple because of time and even now I am just snucking in under the finish line!!  A great idea to do a Ta Da list for 2011.  A chance to look back and be surprised at all your accomplishments.


I have so loved the Strathmore online workshop 1 (with Traci Bautista) that I thought I would do something in that style so picked a background from one of the pages in my A4 size journal which was already painted with acrylics and watercolours and which had one or two light stencils on it.  Then I set to work with some oil pastels, some copic markers


some delicious Indian Ink and a Tippex white out pen and here we are.  Then for the accomplishments themselves I wrote in a red copic marker all round the images (I think I could keep adding to it actually as I keep remembering things even now!!)


A bit of a closer look


I had great fun again doing this.  Thanks so much for the inspiration Michelle!

7 comments:

quinncreative said...

What a great, lively and colorful page! I love the unstructured joy you bring to this project!

michelle ward said...

Sheila - super fun page! Love the colors and all the action going on. I love hearing that you are still remembering additional accomplishments. That's the cool thing that happens once you start reflecting on the past year. Love the red lines of Ta-Da's. Bravo! Thanks for sharing with the team!

Cath S said...

Oh wow! Your page is gorgeous. I love her style and need to look up the class you refer to. Thanks for sharing. And well done on achieving so much :-)

Melva said...

Hello there, just had to comment on your work. It's great and to include the tips given by Traci is such a good idea. I have been doing the course also and have really enjoyed it.
Melva Bates

Tracy said...

Soooo much FUN, Sheila... I love your use of color, pattern & materials! :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

JLessor said...

Lol! You & I are in the same Strathmore class w/Traci Bautista! I never thought of using my work from her class for this Crusade! Beautiful work!!!

Anita Scroggins said...

Love what you have done here! Great job!!!

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...