Friday 17 June 2011

GPPS Street Challenge No. 52 - seasonal wardrobe


Another great challenge from michelle this month all about our chosen colour palette.  I decided to put some alcohol inks on tiles which I found in our shed, left over from our kitchen refit a long time ago now!  This is something I had a hunch about but hadn't seen anyone actually having done it.  Wow, what fun it turned out to be, using a blending tool and some blending solution (but only a little) and seeing what would happen.  The colours I chose seem to reflect summer and warmth (although it is really cold here today and raining heavily!)and I thought carefully about which word should go on which colour. I used the Uni Posca markers for the words and find these pens to be really excellent. These tiles are on the little window ledge in our stairwell where we see them every day as we go up and down.  I like them a lot and have done lots of others too which I'll show in another post.  Thanks again michelle for this fun challenge.





11 comments:

michelle ward said...

Wow! Gorgeous colors! Great idea to use up the tiles. I am clueless about alcohol inks and would never have guessed you could use them on tile. Such a great effect. I can tell you are totally enthused - fun to see that! Thanks for sharing your 'summer clothes' with the team!

Jami said...

Love the colors and texture! Did you get this effect with alcohol drops?

artexplorer said...

What a great idea to use left over tiles for art. Never thought about it! Are the alcohol inks permanent on the tiles?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I have some old white tiles somewhere - yours look so good I might have to borrow your idea. I'm with you on the Posca pens; awesome! Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Michelle said...

Your tiles are gorgeous! I can think of so many used for them! And thanks for the tip about the markers too - it's always so hard to find a good white that will cover darker backgrounds so well.

Mandalika said...

I love these, they are so summery and happy.

goudenregen said...

Great idea to use ink on these tiles.Lovely colors too.

PocketSize said...

They turned out beautifully! I love those summery colors.

Unknown said...

Very clever idea! Love the tiles! You can sell these at bazaars, think about it!

Anonymous said...

Great to see how you got interested in alcohol inks--aren't they fun? These colors are beautiful, and the application makes the tiles look both mystical and earthy.

This challenge was a great one--the photograph against the rainy window sure adds to the atmosphere.

mzjohansen said...

Now I am going to have to try some tiles. Never thought of that before! What finish did you use on them?
Thanks so much for your nice note to me about crusade 52. Very much appreciated it !

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...