Tuesday 28 September 2010

GPPS Street Challenge No. 44!



Challenge time again and more fun to be had.  This time it was all about scraping paint onto the page with a credit card/hotel key card or some other such card and watching how the layers take shape and then adding some stencilling.  So what to do? I chose my larger journal which is A4ish in size.  First decision, what colours to use?  I don't have that many although my collection is getting larger as I do more journaling.  First up it was teal blue and light beigey pink:




which turned out like this


Then I just had to do another page with different colours this time red, blue, purple and gold!


I had a hard time deciding on the stencil to use and in the end punched out three hearts and used the spaces as a stencil which I did in different colours on the background


I really loved the gold on the red so wanted to do more of that using the hearts again




But neither looked finished somehow so .....


I added some shiny stones I had in my stash and some tissue tape.  And for the red one I ummed and ahhed about what to use. I really wanted to use black but didn't want it to overtake the page!!!!  In the end it was a case of " c'mon girl loosen up here and just go for it" and this was the result!
And I like it.  I like it alot!
At the same time I did some experimenting as Michelle suggested using gesso then black paint, scraping back and adding several colours.  These will be good background pages for journaling sometime.  Any ideas for taking them further?



 Thanks again Michelle for a great challenge!

12 comments:

Jester said...

Oh wow, you have been busy, Sheila. Your pages are wonderful and I love the variety you have produced.

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

It looks like you had a great time! Isn't paint scraping fun? As to taking it further ... it will unfold some night when you are least expecting it.

michelle ward said...

Sheila - great stuff! Love that you tried stencils. Love that you went for it on black. Those looks awesome! Don't do anything else to them yet - I will be posting soon a next challenge to go with this one. Thanks for sharing with the team!

shona said...

wow mum! Love the last two messy ones and the hearts at the top that didnt look so finished!!
Its always a nice thing to type/write neatly on top of pages like those (directly onto the page) You can just put that page in the printer and print directly on to it. OR you could do the same with a picture of choice...maybe something abstract!??

Daphne said...

gorgeous experiments - great results!

Tracy said...

Your pages are wonderful, Sheila! Love the shiny golden hint of hearts in those middle pages. This looks really fun technique! We're just back from our trip... catching our breath, doing laundry & all sorts, and checking in with everyone. :o) Happy Weekend ahead, my friend! ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the page where you went for it. It has such vibrancy showing through the black.

Lisa said...

It looks like you had a great time with your scraping, they look great. I especially love the black swirly stencil over the red :-)

SE'LAH... said...

how creative...and the pages look fabulous. My favourite is the hearts with the jewels, of course. ;)

one love. hope you have a divine weekend.

Jessica said...

Great pages! i love that you jumped in and went for the black. i love it, too!

teri said...

I'm kind of preferential to the gold hearts on the red, personally. I love the subtlety of that look and can think of many directions you could go with that.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love the sparkle - and the gold hearts. Thanks for sharing your pages with us.

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...