Thursday 6 May 2010

It's finished!

Just before daughter no.2 left for Uganda for her two year stint with Voluntary Service Overseas, we picked out some material for a quilt for me to make for her while she was away.  When I knew she was being sent home to recover from her recent operation, it set too and finished it so it was waiting for her when she arrived home.  It was a labour of love, as are all quilts, but I do love the finished result and more importantly so does she!






Of course there is someone else who loves it too!!

2 comments:

driftwood said...

oh yes, I can see that would be the perfect quilt to recover under xxx

Tracy said...

It is BEAUTIFUL, Sheila! Love the colors, prints and the quilted heart motif in the borders! :o) Having just finished a new quilt myself lately, I know what you mean about the labor or love. But definitely worth it. Hope you're daughter's doing better now... And keeping cozy with quilt and kitty. :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Thoughtful Wednesday

"Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement – to get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes noth...